Theme Update for the Fix of Latest Tweets Widget
Create an Application for Your Twitter Account
Before apply this update, please visit https://dev.twitter.com/apps to create an application for your twitter account and generate your own security keys. You need it to setup the new widget of latest tweets. If you already have an existing application that is created for your website then you can simply skip this step.
- Visit https://dev.twitter.com/apps and sign in using your twitter username and password
- Select ‘Create new application’ and enter the application details.
- The name and description can be anything you like really.
- The website field can be your main website and doesn’t have to be the site where your twitter feed or feeds are located.
- The callback URL can be just left it blank.
- On the next details screen, click ‘create my access token’. You may need to refresh the page after a few seconds if it doesn’t appear automatically.
- Make a note of the generated consumer key, consumer secret, access token and access token secret.
Apply the Theme Update
- Extract the zipped package 'isaac-update'.
- Upload all extracted files and folders into 'wp-content/themes/' of your WordPress installation and replace the existing files.
- Login to your WordPress site as an administrator and access -> Appearance -> Widgets
- Add the new widget 'Latest Tweets' into the widget area 'Subsidiary'.
- Fill up all required fields then click 'Save'.